位置:首页 > 英语听力 > 新概念英语 > 新概念英语青少版第四册
《新概念英语》青少版第四册第51课:Mother knows best
日期:2012-06-03

Lesson 51 Mother knows best
第51课 母亲最清楚了
Yesterday Gretel went on an excursion with the Clarks.
昨天格莱托和克拉克一家去郊游.
Mother was driving so that she could get some practice
母亲开车,这样她就可以练习一下,
and father was sitting beside her.
父亲坐在她旁边.
He wasn't always very helpful!
他不是总能帮忙的!
We must get on to the A3 he said.
他说:我们得上A3公路,
That's the road which will take us to the south coast.
这条路直通南部海岸.
Neither mother nor father knew the way to the A3
母亲和父亲都不知道A3公路怎么走,
so they had to stop to ask a policemen.
所以他们只好停下来问警察.
Excuse me,mother said.Could you please tell me the way to the A3?
劳驾,母亲说,您能告诉我怎么去A3公路吗?
Yes,madam. the officer said.
好的,夫人.擎察说,
Take the first turning on your right
在您右边的第一个路口拐弯,
and continue along the road till you come to a cinema.
然后沿着那条路一直开到一家电影院,
Turn left at the cinema and go straight on.
再向左拐一直开,
This will bring you to the A3.
这样您就到A3路了.
Thank you,officer. mother said.
谢谢您,警察,母亲说.
Mother drove on,but she didn't turn right.
母亲继续往前开,但没向右拐.
We're going in the wrong direction. father cried.
我们方向错了,父亲喊了起来,
Why didn't you turn right?
你为什么不向右拐呢?
If you had turned right back there,we would have come to the A3.
如果你刚才向右拐,我们早就到A3公路了.
Oh,be quiet,Jim. mother said.
安静些,吉姆,母亲说,
That policeman made a mistake.
那个警察搞错了.
If I had turned right back there,
要是我刚才在那儿向右拐
I would have been in serious trouble.It was a one-way street!
那就麻烦了,那是条单行道.