1.Our arrangements were thrown into complete turmoil.
2.I am so engaged and I visit my parents occasionally.
3.It seems unavoidable for him to divorce with his wife.
4.You should take many essential factors into consideration.
5.The overestimation about the situation caused the public worries.
6.The doctors have abandoned the hope to rescue the old man.
A. gave away
B. given up
C. turned down
D. turned up
7.I can no longer tolerate his impolite behaviors in the party.
A. put up with
B. live up to
C. look up to
D. stand up for
8.You didn't adhere to these principles.
9.Many residents of apartment complexes object to noisy neighbors.
10. Gas does accumulate in the mines around here.
11. The two parties finally agreed to collaborate with each other.
12. The performance at the concert is really miraculous.
13. John doesn't believe in traditional medicine; he has some remedies of his own.
14. The view from my bedroom window was absolutely spectacular.
15. The Mayan civilization flourished on the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico.
16. Mr.Johnson evidently regarded this as a great joke.
17. We all think that Mary's husband is a very monotonous person.
18. The workers in that factory manufacture furniture.
19. They only have a limited amount of time to get their points across.
20. Can you follow the plot?