位置:首页 > 英语口语 > 我们讲的英语
我们讲的英语 第3期:Ace一流的
日期:2014-02-11

Feifei: I'm laying a five.

我出五。

Finn: I'm laying an eight.

我出八。

Feifei: Hmm, I'll lay a jack.

嗯,那我出J。

Finn:(Faster pace) Queen!

我出Q!

Feifei: Ace!

我出A!

Finn: OK OK, you go again! 

好吧好吧,又该你了。

Feifei: Right, this time I'm laying three sevens.

好吧,这次我出三个七。

Finn: Wow, going bigger, are we?

哇,出的越来越大了是吧?

Feifei: Absolutely! Come on then, what have you got?

那当然!放马过来吧,你出什么?

Finn: I've got three kings! Here you go! I bet you can't beat that? 

我出三个K!看我的!我敢打赌你输定了!

Feifei: Hahaha! Check this out Finn - three Aces! (Very happy) Yay, I win again... dinner is on you then?

哈哈哈!看我的吧Finn——三个A!耶,我又赢了!晚饭你请!

Finn: Yes, yes, I know. I didn't know you were an ace card player! 

是的,好吧,我知道。我以前都不知道你真是个“ace”纸牌玩家啊!

Feifei: What do you mean 'an ace' card player? I play other cards too! I just played a five, a jack, a queen, two fours, three... (interrupted)

什么叫“ace”纸牌玩家?我也出了其他牌啊!我刚刚出了一个五,一个J,一个Q,一对四,三个。。。

Finn: No, no, no. I didn't mean literally 'an ace' card player. In English, we can use the word 'ace' as an adjective to mean 'very good, excellent, and awesome'.

不不不,我不是指“ace”的字面意思。在英语里,我们可以用“ace”这个单词作为形容词来表示非常好,一流的,棒极了。

Feifei: So you are actually saying I'm an 'excellent' card player? Ahh, thank you Finn, very kind of you to say so.

所以你其实是在说我是个很厉害的纸牌玩家?谢谢你Finn,你这么说真是太好了。

Finn: Here are some examples using the word 'ace'.

以下是用“ace”单词的例子。

This is an ace idea!

这是个很棒的主意!

That is an ace laptop you've got!

你这笔记本电脑真好!

Have you listened to Arctic Monkeys' new album? It's ace!

你听北极泼猴的新专辑了吗?太赞了!

I'm ace at cooking!

我做饭超赞的!

Andy Murray is an ace tennis player!

安迪穆瑞是个一流的网球选手!

Finn: So we can use 'ace' to describe an idea, a thing or a person. And you can say you're ace at doing something. So Feifei, do you like pontoon?

所以我们可以用“ace”来形容一个想法,一件事,或者一个人。你也可以说你很擅长做某事。那么Feifei,你喜欢玩21点吗?

Feifei: Yes, it's ace! 

当然!很好玩啊!

Finn: Shall we have a game? I'm pretty ace at playing pontoon.

那我们来一局吧? 我玩21点超厉害的。

Feifei: But it's time for dinner and you are paying!

但是现在是晚饭时间而且你买单哦!

Finn: One more game... 

就来一局嘛。。。

Feifei: No, let's go now, I'm hungry! Can we go to the new Thai restaurant that's just opened? I heard they serve ace tom yum soup!

不,我们现在就去吧,我好饿!我们去那家新开的泰国菜餐馆吧?我听说那里的冬阴功汤特别好喝!

Finn: OK, in that case, let's go now.

好吧,那样的话我们现在就去吧。

Feifei: Ace! 

太好了!

Finn: Don't forget to check out bbclearningenglish.com for more The English We Speak. Bye!

别忘了点击bbclearningenglish.com了解更多关于“我们所说的英语”栏目更多内容。再见!

Feifei: See you next time!

下次再见!