位置:首页 > 英语口语 > 我们讲的英语
我们讲的英语 第2期:Nosh食物
日期:2014-02-10

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Feifei.
菲菲: 大家好,欢迎来到“我们所说的英语”,我是菲菲。

Rob: Hello everyone, I'm Rob.
罗伯:大家好,我是罗伯。

Feifei: Rob, guess who I just got in a lift with?
菲菲:罗伯,你猜我刚才在电梯里遇到谁了?

Rob:(Not interested) Hmmm, lots of other people who work at the BBC?
罗伯:(不是很关心) 恩,很多BBC的同事?

Feifei: No! You'll never guess...
菲菲:不,你永远猜不到。。。。

Rob:(Still not interested) Probably not.
罗伯:(依旧漠不关心)估计也猜不到。

Feifei: I am so excited, my heart is still pounding!
菲菲:我好兴奋!我的心现在还在怦怦跳呢。

Rob: Come on Feifei, it's not like you have just been in a lift with Damien Lewis. So calm down, we've got some work to do.
罗伯:拜托,菲菲,你又不是在电梯里遇到了戴米恩 刘易斯。冷静下来,我们还有工作要做。

Feifei: (Even more excited) It was, it was Damien Lewis! I WAS in a lift with Damien Lewis.
菲菲:罗伯,就是他!就是戴米恩 刘易斯!和我一起在电梯里的就是戴米恩刘易斯!

Rob:(Now interested) Really? What was he like?
罗伯:(现在感兴趣了)真的吗?他怎么样?

Feifei: He was wearing a light blue shirt and jeans! Very tall, and... he's just so handsome!
菲菲 :(甚至更兴奋了)他穿了浅蓝色衬衫和牛仔裤。非常高,而且。。。他好帅!

Rob: I bet! Did you say anything to him?
罗伯:那当然。你跟他说话了吗?

Feifei: No, I was too nervous! But he was saying something about going for some 'nosh' before recording. What does that mean? What is 'nosh'?
菲菲:没有,我太紧张了。但是他说了一些关于在录音之前去“nosh”的话。那是什么意思?什么叫“nosh”?

Rob: In British English, 'to have some nosh' is a slang phrase which means to have some food or to have a meal. The word 'nosh' literally means 'food' or 'a meal'.
罗伯:在英式英语里,“to havesome nosh”是一个俚语短语,意思是说吃点东西或者吃顿饭。“nosh”这个单词字面意思是“食物”或者“饭”。

Feifei: OK, I see. So he was saying he would go and have some food before recording?
菲菲:我懂了。所以他是说他会在录音前去吃点东西?

Rob: Yes, I believe so. Let's hear some examples on how to use the word 'nosh'.
罗伯:是的,我想是这样。让我们来听一些关于如何使用“nosh ”这个单词的例子吧。

Our canteen serves good nosh.
比如:我们餐厅提供美味的食物。

She likes her nosh.
她喜欢她的食物。

Do you fancy a bit of nosh?
你向来点儿吃的东西吗?

There was a lot of nosh at the party last night.
昨晚的派对上有好多吃的。

Feifei: So we can use 'nosh' as a noun, can we use it as a verb as well, Rob?
菲菲:所以我们可以把“nosh”用作一个名词,也可以用作一个动词,对吗罗伯?

Rob: Yes, we can. If you 'nosh', you eat.
罗伯:对。如果你“nosh”,就表示你吃东西。

I like to nosh when I watch TV.
举例:我喜欢在看电视的时候吃东西。

How can she ever lose weight? She noshes all the time!
她怎么可能减肥呢?她一直在吃东西。

Feifei: (Getting excited again) Hey Rob, I'm just getting a bit hungry, do you mind finishing the programme? I'm just going to get some nosh from the canteen.
菲菲:(再次兴奋起来):嘿, 罗伯,我有点饿了,你介意现在结束节目吗?我想去餐厅吃点儿东西。

Rob: Is that so Feifei? I know why you are getting hungry...
罗伯:是这样吗菲菲? 我知道你为什么饿了哦。。。

Feifei: What do you mean? I'm just hungry. Will be back later, bye...
菲菲:你什么意思?我只是饿了而已啊,我马上回来,拜。。。

Rob: Errr, hold on... wait, wait for me, I might join you for some nosh too... (talking to himself) I hope Damien is still in the canteen. Don't forget to check out bbclearningenglish.com for more The English We Speak. Bye!
罗伯:呃,等等,等等我!我也和你一起去吃东西。。。 (自言自语):我希望戴米恩还在餐厅里。别忘了登录bbclearningenglish.com了解更多关于“我们所说的英语”节目的内容。 拜。