位置:首页 > 英语口语 > 网络社交英语口语
54你被炒鱿鱼了?
日期:2008-02-26

Download Audio
SCENE② C 在唐的酒吧里
【你被炒鱿鱼了?】
Herbert: It's not that she's not worth it, it's the 1) situation.
赫伯特: 不是她不值得,是现实的情况。
Don: What’s situation?
唐: 什么情况?
Herbert: It has to do with my job.
赫伯特: 这跟我的工作有关。
Don: You've lost your job?
唐: 你被炒鱿鱼了?
Herbert: No, just the 2) opposite.
赫伯特: 不是,恰好相反。
Don: You got a 3) promotion?
唐: 你升官啦?
Herbert: Yes. But it's in Hsinchu...far, far away from Rose.
赫伯特: 对。但我会被调去新竹……离柔丝好远好远。
语言详解
A: Did the boss promote you?
老板有提升你吗?
B: Quite the opposite. He fired me.
刚好相反,他炒我鱿鱼
【Just the opposite. 正好相反】
当别人说的话,跟实际状况完全相反的时候,这句话正可派上用场。
A: Are you sick of eating at home? Do you want to go out, honey?
老是在家吃你会不会腻?要不要出去吃啊,亲爱的?
B: Just the opposite. I want to stay in and have a romantic dinner with my lovely wife.
才不腻呢。我正想待在家里跟爱妻来顿浪漫的晚餐。
1) situation (n.) 情况,局面
2) opposite (a.) 相反的
3) promotion (n.) 升迁

相关文章