位置:首页 > 英语口语 > 时尚英语口语
时尚英语口语第27期:Trust 信任
日期:2012-06-09

Trust
信任

Are you quick to trust others?
你很快就会相信别人吗?

If you are, chances are you haven't been burned.
如果你是这样,那是你还没有被引火烧身的机会。

By “burned”, I'm talking about having a bad experience with trusting others.
借用“引火烧身”这个词,我正在谈论的是一个信任他人不好的经历。

If you take someone into your confidence and you trust him with a secret, and he tells someone else that secret, and you find out.
如果你信任某人,你用一个秘密信任他,而他把秘密告诉别人,你会发现。

Well, you've been burned.
你已经被引火烧身了。

Say you have a kind of emotional scar.
这说明你的情感上出现了疤痕。

Since the relationship has been hurt, in extreme cases you might even say the bridge has been burned between you and your friend.
因为这种关系已经被伤害,在极端的情况下你可能甚至会说你和你的朋友之间的友谊之桥已经轰然倒塌。

This happens to people lots of times.
人们身上经常发生这种事情。

It even happened to me before.
它甚至以前也发生在我身上。

I trusted a close friend with a secret, but he violated my trust and told someone else.
我有一个亲密的朋友保守着我的秘密,但他侵犯了我的信任,并告诉别人。

After I found out about what he did, our friendship was never the same again.
在我发现他做了什么后,我们的友谊就永远不会一样了。

Well, I hope you haven't had a lot of bad experiences when it comes to trusting others.
嗯, 当谈到相信别人的时候,我希望你没有很多不好的经历。

I also hope you have a lot of friends you can trust, and a lot of friends that trust you.
我也希望你有很多可以信赖的朋友,也有很多相信你的朋友。

But I was thinking about gaining someone's trust, it's not that easy like building a bridge or relationship.
但我在想获得别人的信任,这并不是像建造一座桥或是关系那么容易。

You make small promises and keep them, and the trust grows.
你做一些小的承诺并去恪守,而后信任就会生长。

As the trust grows, you can make bigger and bigger promises.
随着信任不断成长,你可以做出越来越大的承诺。

And if you keep on keeping your word, well, the trust keeps on growing.
如果你继续恪守你的诺言,好吧,那信任会不断增长。

Talk about it:
谈论下面的话题:

Have you ever been burned?
你曾经有过引火上身的经历吗?

Are you the type of person who rushes into a trusting relationship?
你是那种很快信任别人的类型吗?

What kind of things do you do to show you are trust worthy?
你会做什么事情表示你值得信任?

Have you ever burned a bridge unintentionally, and found that it takes a long, long time to repair the relationship?
你有没有无意中让友谊之桥轰然倒塌,并发现需要一段很长的时间来重修旧好?

Are you good at keeping secrets?
你善于守护秘密吗?

Do people know that they can trust you?
人们知道他们可以信任你吗?

Do you believe that a man is as good as his word?
你是否相信一个人说话算话吗?

What can you do to earn a person's trust?
你会做什么来获得一个人的信任?