位置:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语口语学习材料
那些有关爱情的习语(一)
日期:2017-05-10

地道是学习语言的不变追求,本文整理了25个关于爱情的地道习语,希望对大家有所帮助。今天先来看看第一部分。

1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY
1.坠入爱河

start feeling love towards somebody
对某人产生感情

I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?
我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?

2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
2.一见钟情

falling in love with somebody the first time you see them
初次见面,便喜欢某人

My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。

3. BE AN ITEM
3.确立恋爱关系

two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship
两人交往时确立恋爱关系

I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.
我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们俩吃饭时从不看彼此。

4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
4.天作之合

a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well
一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。

Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?
你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?

-I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.
-希望如此。他俩简直是绝配。

5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)
5.死心塌地

be in love with somebody very much
深深陷入爱情

Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.
看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。

6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY
6.卿卿我我

expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging
在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。

I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.
我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他俩总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。

7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY
7.为某人所倾倒

finding somebody extremely attractive
认为某人格外耀眼

Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.
纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。

8. PUPPY LOVE
8.初恋

short-term adolescent love
少男少女之间的短暂爱情

My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?
我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?

-Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.
-别担心,初恋是短暂的。

9. DOUBLE DATE
9.四人约会

two couples going out together on a date
两对恋人一起约会

I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.
你能和汤姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。现在我们可以一起约会了。

10. ON THE ROCKS
10.濒于破裂

if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks
如果关系中出现问题,可以用濒于破裂形容

I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.
我觉得他们很难修成正果。毕竟二人之间的关系趋于破裂。

11. LOVE RAT
11.负心汉

somebody who cheats on his/her partner
某人有外遇

Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.
不要妄想约珍出来。想想要怎么面对自己的妻子?别做负心汉。

12. POP THE QUESTION
12.求婚

ask somebody to marry you
向某人求婚

So, did Ben pop the question last night? -No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.

那么,班向你求婚了么? -没有,只是约我出去吃饭。