位置:首页 > 英语视频 > 商务英语口语视频下载
视频商务英语口语Unit17:comparing products and prices(1)
日期:2007-06-11

点击此处下载视频

KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped.
凯特.麦凯纳:“大老板”销售没有我们预计的好。
We didn' t launch at the right time.
我们推出产品的时间不太合适。
I myself don' t think the market was ready for us.
我本人认为市场还不成熟。
Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.
“商人丹”推出的时间迟,价格又便宜…… 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。
EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?
爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗?
DON BRADLEY: Sure.
堂.布拉德利:当然。
EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。
EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。
KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?
凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗?
EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.
爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。
Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.
尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。
Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?
你要不要亲自处理?
DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?
堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠?
EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say.
爱德华.格林:他不肯说。
But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before.
但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。
He loved the product, though.
不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。
I think he' s ready to negotiate.
我认为他是可以沟通的。
ON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together.
堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。
Do you agree?
你同意吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes!
爱德华.格林:同意!
KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?
凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗?
Derek wants to show us his latest idea.
德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later.
爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。
DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.
堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。

Come on!
来吧!
KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?
凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本?
DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.
德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。
KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.
凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。
DEREK JONES: No, not really.
德里克.琼斯:不,不会。
I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.
我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。
See for yourself.
你们自己看吧。
KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.
凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。
Who' s the market for this?
谁是目标市场?
DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.
德里克.琼斯:这比“大老板”还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。
KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek.
凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。
There' s no market focus.
没有市场焦点。
Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?
你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗?
We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.
我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。
It was great.
产品很不错。
Parents and children could both use it.
家长和孩子们都用。
But could we sell it?
但我们有卖动吗?
No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market.
没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。
DEREK JONES: But this is different.
德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。
This is more fun than Easirite.
这个比Easirite还有趣。
DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.
堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。
DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.
德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。
KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point.
凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。
The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong
活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。
DEREK JONES: I don' t agree.
德里克.琼斯:我不同意。
DON BRADLEY: Let' s just hold on a second and think about this.
堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。
Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it.
德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。
KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range.
凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。
DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate.
堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。
This is much more expensive than anything else we market.
这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。
KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it.
凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。
You must see that yourself, Derek.
德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。
DEREK JONES: Well not really...
德里克.琼斯:也不是……
DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?
堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?
爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下?
Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?

你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实?
DEREK JONES: Exactly.
德里克.琼斯:一点不错。
EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant.
爱德华.格林:太好了。
On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen.
从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。
DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.
堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。
Maybe we ought to have a closer look.
或许我们该看的得更细些。