1. What is Scott’s favorite animal?
2. What was Lucy doing at nine last night?
3. What are they talking about?
4. What does the man want?
A. Noodles. B. Beef. C. Chicken.
5. How was Tom’s school trip?
A. Terrible. B. Boring. C. Wonderful.
6. What color is Helen’s sweater?
A. Red. B. Yellow. C. Blue.
7. How much is the sweater?
A. 102 yuan. B. 120 yuan. C. 200 yuan.
8. When did Tina go to Sanya?
A. Last year. B. Last month. C. Last week.
9. How did Tina go there?
A. By train. B. By air. C. By car.
10. What’s the matter with Mrs. Brown?
A. She has a headache. B. She has a cold. C. She has a stomachache.
11. What did she eat yesterday?
A. Hamburgers and ice cream.
B. Sandwiches and ice cream.
C. Hamburgers and sandwiches.
12. What should she do?
A. Drink some water. B. Take some medicine. C. Take some rest.
13. What is Tom’s plan for the future?
A. To do business in Guangzhou.
B. To be an English teacher in Guangzhou.
C. To be a businessman in Chenzhou.
14. What do the two speakers agree to?
A. Going to the evening school. B. Practicing business. C. Improving English.
15. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Classmates. C. Brother and sister.
1. W: Scott, do you like monkeys?
M: Sure. They are my favorite animals.
2. M: what were you doing at nine last night, Lucy?
W: I was singing with my friends.
3. W: Is this your schoolbag, Steve?
M: No, it isn’t. It’s Peter’s.
4. W: May I have your order, sir?
M: Yes. I’d like some chicken.
5. W: Tom, how was your school trip yesterday?
M: Wonderful. We had a lot of fun.
6. M: Helen, you look nice in this red sweater.
W: Thank you.
M: How much did it cost?
W: 120 yuan.
7. M: Tina, have you ever been to Sanya?
W: Yes. I went there last year.
M: How did you get there?
W: I took a plane.
8. W: Good morning, doctor.
M: Good morning, Mrs. Brown. You look terrible. What’s the matter with you?
W: I’ve got a stomachache.
M: What did you eat yesterday?
W: I had lots of hamburgers and ice cream.
M: You shouldn’t eat so much next time. Um, nothing serious. Just lie down and have a rest.
9. M: Hi, Mary.
W: Hi, Tom. We haven’t seen each other since we graduated from high school.
M: Yeah. You now look even prettier than at school.
W: Thank you. How’s everything going? Any news?
M: I’m going to do business with foreigners next month.
W: Really? Very glad to hear it. Where are going to do business?
M: I will go to Guangzhou.
W: Sounds good. There are more chances for business there than in Chenzhou. By the way, I think English is very important in the job.
M: Yes, it’ll be very useful in many ways, so I practice English every day.
W: Hope you’ll be a successful businessman there.
M: Thank you.
Hello, everyone! Here is tomorrow’s weather report for big cities in China. Beijing is windy. The highest temperature is 28°C and the lowest temperature is 20°C. The weather is quite pleasant. Shanghai is cloudy. The highest temperature is 31°C and the lowest temperature is 25°C. Changsha is sunny. The temperature is from 27°C to 33°C. Guangzhou is rainy. The temperature is between 28°C and 32°C. Remember to take an umbrella if you go out. Thanks for listening.
1-5 ABCCC 6-10 ABABC 11-15 ACACB
16. Beijing 17. Highest 18.Cloudy 19.27°C 20. Rainy/ Raining