位置:首页 > 英语听力 > 慢速和常速英语听力下载|Special English > 标准英语|常速英语下载|在线收听
VOA常速英语:Vaccinating in a Remote Village
日期:2021-05-12

Hi, this is Deborah Coila from Seldovia Village Tribe
你好,我是塞尔多维亚村部落的黛博拉·科伊拉
and were wondering if were going to be flying out this morning to Seldovia?
我想问一下,今天早上我们是要飞去塞尔多维亚吗?
So, I have heard from my pilots and they say we are a go for the nine oclock.
飞行员说我们9点出发。
Okay, all right. Bye. Bye.
好的,再见。再见。
All right, were flying. Itll be a bumpy ride. Its a little breezy but I think its doable.
好了,我们准备飞去了。肯定是趟颠簸的旅程,有点微风,但问题不大。
I’ll take this out. You can’t tilt it.
这个要拿出来,可不能颠到了。
Im taking two different vaccines. The Pfizer one doesnt like to be tipped over so, we kind of reuse our boxes.So, were actually doing first shots today for about 30 people and then were doing second shots for about six people today.
我会带两种疫苗,辉瑞的应该不会洒出来,所以我还是用这个旧盒子。今天大概有30人要首次接种,还有6人是第二次接种。
I don’t think this is going to fit in.
我得把这个拿出来,可不能颠到它。
Were going to go to this beautiful little city called Seldovia.The only way to get to there is by airplane or boat.
我们要去一个美丽的小城市塞尔多维亚。去那里只能坐飞机或坐船。
Theyre expecting, I think, seven-foot waves this morning,
他们说今天的浪大概有七尺高,
so we will not be going on the boat.
所以我们不会坐船了。
Four thirty. Yeah. Looks like its going to be a beautiful day.
四点半。看起来今天天气会很不错。
It’s supposed to be clear and sunny.
天气预报说今天是个大晴天。
The first time we went over, we were really scared that if we shook it, it was going to damage the vaccine.
我们第一次去的时候,非常害怕,生怕一晃就把疫苗给洒了,
So, I held it in my lap on the boat ride the whole way there.
所以我在船上的时候一直把疫苗盒子夹在我腿中间。
Okay.
好的。
Some vials have 11 doses.So, were trying to at least get an 11th dose out of one of our vials today,
一些小瓶子里装了11剂量的疫苗,所以,我们至少要次一瓶中取出第11份的量,
so we can give one more person a vaccine.
这样我们就可以多给一个人接种。
I need Band-Aids. I need alcohol pads and I need gloves yet.
我需要创可贴、酒精棉和手套。
What size?
什么大小的?
I don’t care. I’m not picky.
随便我,我不挑。
Alaska healthcare is totally different than anywhere else in the United States.
阿拉斯加的医疗体系和其他地方完全不同。
Here in Alaska, we have a lot of remote villages.
阿拉斯加这有很多偏远的山村。
And so, Seldovia is one, and with it being remote and no access to anything but a clinic,
塞尔多维亚就是其中之一,非常偏远,如果生病了只能就小诊所,
theres only been just a couple cases of COVID here in Seldovia.
目前这里的确诊患者仅有几例。
So, were trying to really get everybody immunized and keep COVID out of the remote village,because if somebody needs hospitalization,
所以我们希望尽全力让大家都能免疫新冠,让新冠远离偏远地区,因为如果一个人需要住院,
they have to get medevacd out of here, either by plane, by boat, whatever it takes to get them out of here.
就要进行紧急医疗后送,通过船或飞机把他们运出去。
So, thats why we really want to get everybody covered with the vaccine here.
所以我们真的希望这里的每一个人都能注射疫苗。
Hi, Joe. Hi, how are you? Good. You can have a seat.
嗨,Joe,最近怎么样?很好,坐吧。
I was wondering if you guys are going to get over here today.
我还在想你们今天会不会过来。
Pretty windy over there.
外面风很大。
I was a little worried about the wind but, It was 28, gusting to 28.
我挺担心今天的大风,风速好像已经到了28了。
It was a little bumpy. Yes, it was.
这一路确实有一点颠簸。
Not as bumpy as the boat ride would have been.There was no boats this morning.
但是颠的没有船那么厉害。今天早上没有船。
I think this afternoon its supposed to lay down.
今天下午应该就没什么风了。
Yeah. So, I think you guys are good this afternoon.
是的,今天下午你们应该顺利离开。
Oh, yeah. I think itll be fine.
是的,会没事的。
You wont be staying overnight, will you?
你们不会在这里过夜对吗?
No. Well, unless I cant get out of here, I might be.It wouldnt be the first time thats happened.
不会,除非我们走不了了。也不是第一次发生这种事了。
So, were going to do the Moderna vaccine today.
今天我们打的是Moderna疫苗。
One, two, three.
准备好,一、二、三。
Well, what took you so long?
怎么打了这么久。
I know.
是有点久了。
Yeah, I had a little reservation at first, you know, but now Im okay with it.
一开始我是有点犹豫的,但是现在我欣然接受了。
So, I am going to keep an eye on you for 15 minutes before you go,
走之前要先观察15分钟,
just to make sure you dont have an allergic reaction, okay?
要确保你们过敏反应,好吗?
So, I have a chair out here for you.
你可以在那儿坐一会儿。
We told each one of our 12 grandkids that they could come up when they reached the age of 10 years old,
我有12个孙子,我跟他们每个人都说,等你们到12岁,你们就可以来阿拉斯加,
except this year we had to cancel out and, you know, our 10-year-old granddaughter cried, you know,
但是今年我们不得不取消这个传统,我十岁的孙女因此哭的很伤心,
when she found out she couldnt come to Alaska and go fishing with us and what not, you know,
因为她不能来阿拉斯加和大家一起钓鱼玩耍,
and hopefully, well get this thing over, behind us.
希望疫情可以快点过去。