第一部分 听力 （共两节，满分30分）
例：How much is the shirt?
A. ￡19.15. B. ￡ 9.18 C.￡9.15.
1. What does the man want to do?
A. Take photos. B. Buy a camera C. Help the woman
2. What are the speakers talking about?
A. A noisy night B. Their life in town C. A place of living
3. Where is the man now ?
A. On his way B. In a restaurant C. At home
4. What will Celia do ?
A. Find a player B. Watch a game C. Play basketball
5. What day is it when the conversation takes place ?
A. Saturday B. Sunday C. Monday
6. What is Sara going to do ?
A. Buy John a gift. B. Give John a surprise C. Invite John to France
7. What does the man think of Sara’s plan ?
A. Funny B. Exciting C. Strange.
8. Why does Diana say sorry to Peter ?
A. She has to give up her travel plan.
B. She wants to visit another city.
C. She needs to put off her test.
9. What does Diana want Peter to do ?
A. Help her with her study B. Take a book to her friend C. Teach a geography lesson.
10. Why does the man call the woman ?
A. To tell her about her new job B. To ask about her job program C. To plan a meeting with her.
11. Who needs a new flat ?
A. Alex B. Andrea. C. Miranda.
12. Where is the woman now ?
A. In Baltimore. B. In New York. C. In Avon
13. What does Jan consider most important when he judges a restaurant ?
A. Where the restaurant is.
B. Whether the prices are low
C. How well the food is prepared.
14. When did Jan begin to write for a magazine ?
A. After he came back to Sweden
B. Before he went to the United States.
C. As soon as he got his first job in 1982.
15. What Jan do to find a good restaurant ?
A. Talk to people in the street. B. Speak to taxi drivers C. Ask hotel clerks.
16. What do we know about Jan ?
A. He cooks for a restaurant. B. He travels a lot for his work. C. He prefers American food.
17. What do we know about the Plaza Leon?
A. It’s a new building B. It’s a small town. C. It’s a public place.
18. When do parents and children like going to the Plaza Leon?
A. Saturday nights. B. Sunday afternoons. C. Fridays and Saturdays.
19. Which street is known for its food shops and markets ?
A. Via del Mar Street. B. Fernando Street C. Hernandes Street.
20. Why does the speaker like Horatio Street best ?
A. It has an old stone surface. B. It is named after a writer. C. It has a famous university.
1.Man: I’ve got my camera with me. Am I allowed to take photos for you?
Woman: I think so. It doesn’t say you can’t.
2. A: I really like living here in this flat, because it’s so near to central town.
B: That’s true. But it gets really noisy at night.
3. A: Hi, Maggie. I’m coming, but it’s snowing and the traffic is moving slowly.
B: Ok, David. Take your time. We’ll wait for you, so we can have dinner together.
4. A: Celia, you see those girls over there? They need another player for a basketball game. Would you like to join them?
B: Seems like it’s a game for fun. Sure, I’ll be there in minute.
5. A: I won’t have anything to wear to work on Monday unless I pick up my clothes at dry cleaners’.
B: Then you’d better hurry. It closes at noon on Sundays.
A: Oh! I should have gone there on Saturday.
6. A: Alright, Sara, we know that you are planning something big for John’s birthday. Could you tell us just what you have in your mind?
B: I want to make his birthday a very special event. John has a sister living in France. And I’ll send her a plane ticket, so that she can be here for his birthday.
A: Boy! What an excellent plan! That’s something special. I can’t guess some secret plans and we are waiting for the right time to tell him.
B: Well, I didn’t want to say anything until I was sure she could come.
7. A: Hey, Peter, I’m sorry!
B: Hi, Diana, what’s wrong?
A: We were going to Hong Kong this weekend, but I’m afraid I can’t go.
B: How come?
A: I have a really big geography test and I have to study for it.
B: We can go next week instead.
A: No, I don’t want to ruin your weekend. You go ahead and please take the book I bought to my friend Sally. Tell her I have to study all weekend, because I can’t afford to fail the test.
B: Ok, then I’ll go with them. But it’s a pity you can’t come.
8. A: Hello, this is Andrea.
B: Hello, Andrea, this is Alex. I have some very big news for you. Miranda was very satisfied with you and said she was very much looking forward to working with you. Isn’t that wonderful? Congratulations dear! How does it feel to be Miranda’s new assistant? How I imagine that you’ll just be delighted with this news. So let’s see, you can start on Monday, right?
A: Umm, well, I don’t think I can start on Monday. I am visiting my father in Baltimore. And because I don’t live in New York, I’ll need a couple of days to find a flat and buy some furniture and move my things from Avon.
B: Oh, well then, in that case I suppose Wednesday will be good. Ok, see you then!
9. Woman: Hello, Mr. Jan Erick Freedman. You’re a frequent traveler. And we also know that you eat out twice a day. How can you get so far and eating out.
Man: When I my first job back in 1982 and started travelling. I had no other choice but eat out I found that I felt different due to what I was eating, so I tried to find places that served food that made me feel good. The secret was the quality of the food and how well the food was prepared. I made an effort to find out good restaurants as well as nice dishes.
Woman: How did you manage to make a list of 218 favorite restaurants?
Man: I’ve lived in cities and when I moved back to Sweden from the United States, people asked me where to go and eat and went to the cities I know. I got a lot of ideas. Then I wrote about restaurants for a Swedish club magazine and some suggested I gather information about restaurants together since I had all the facts about the restaurants I’ve been to. I started to do that.
Woman: How do you find restaurants?
Man: The best way is to ask the people there. I may talk to the people at the street market or take a walk and look for place for myself. I never asked hotel clerks or taxi drivers. I don’t go either restaurants or places with menus too difficult to understand.
Man: At the beginning of the tour, we all started the most important place at my town which is the Plaza Leon. The Plaza Leon is more than 100 years old. It’s a gathering place for young people on Friday and Saturday nights, and for parents and children on Sunday afternoon. Four streets lead to the Plaza which have white sidewalks and tree lined. Hemandes Street which was named after writers born in the city contains all of the food stalls fish markets and vegetable stands. Femando Street which was named after a famous educator is where all of the government offices, shops and houses. Via del Mar Street which is the only street which has old stone surfaces. Finally we came to the Hewish’s Street on which there are two universities, one of which is the most famous university in my country. That’s why it’s my favorite street of all.
1. A 2. C 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. B 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. A 11. B 12. A 13. C 14. A 15. A 16. B 17. C 18. B 19. C 20. C