位置:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语
她还真像个女超人
日期:2007-03-20
 


SCENE
B  会议结束后 

【她还真像个女超人】

 

Dave:  Either we'll be millionaires, or we won't...  won't have a dime.

戴夫:         当不成百万富翁,就当……身无分文。

 

Elvin:  And it's all coming down to the next three weeks.

艾文:         接下来的三个星期就会见真相。

 

Dave:  The only person who seems confident the software will be done on time is Zina.

戴夫:         只有吉娜有信心,软件会准时完成。

 

Elvin:  Yeah, she is some kind of Superwoman, isn't she?

艾文:         对啊,她还真像个女超人,你说是不是?

 

Dave:          1) Failure just isn't an 2) option for her. I'm glad she's on our team.

戴夫:         失败这两个字不在她的字典里。我很高兴她跟我们是同一伙的。

 

语言详解

 

A: Do I have any other options?

    我有其他选择吗?

 

B: You have to pick them up at six A.M.

    你得在早上六点的时候来拿。

 

It's all coming down to...成败攸关于……】

 

come down to是指情况到了最后成败的关头,短期内就要见真相:

 

A: It's all coming down to these last two days.

    成败就看这最后两天了。

B: We can do it!

    我们做得到的!

 

也可以指彼此的关系每况愈下,到达谷底:

 

A: I need more money. Give me some.

     我还要钱。给我一点。

B: Has our relationship just come down to this-money?

     我们的关系已走到了这样,钱钱钱?

 

你也可以说It came down to the point where...以表示情势的发展已至最后的临界点:

 

A: It came down to the point where I had to make a decision.

    事已至此,我得做出决定。

B: So you decided to quit your job and come here?

    所以你决定辞职到这里来?

 

1) failure  (n.) 失败

2) option (n.) 选择


相关文章