位置:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语
这在我的控制之下
日期:2007-03-20
 


SCENE③ A  吉娜到了自己的隔间 

【这在我的控制之下】

 

Dave:          Hi, Zina. Lots of people are looking for you.

戴夫:  嗨,吉娜。很多人在找你。

 

Zina:  Like who?

吉娜:         好比是谁?

 

Dave:  Like Elvin. He isn't too happy about what you promised Stars.com.

戴夫:         好比艾文。他对于你给Stars.com的承诺不太满意。

 

Zina:  I've got it under control.

吉娜:         这在我的控制之下。

 

Dave:  You do 1) realize that it isn't 2) humanly possible for us to finish by next week?

戴夫:         你知道要我们在下星期前就绪,这非人所能及吧?

 

Zina:  What if you had three more 3) top-notch programmers to help you?

吉娜:         要是多了三名顶尖的程序设计师帮你们呢?

 

Dave:  That would definitely make a difference. But Vince already said "no".

戴夫:         那当然就大大的不同了。不过文斯已经说了。

 

 

语言详解

 

A: Do you realize how beautiful you are?

   你知道你自己有多美吗?

 

B: Stop. You're embarrassing me.

   别说了。你让我好尴尬。

 

I've got it under control. 这在我的控制之下。】

 

有时候,当情况看似已失去控制,若你仍有信心能够控制全局,就可以呛出这句话 I've got it under control.这在我的控制之下。

 

A:The ship is sinking! What are you going to do about it?

     这艘船要沉了!你打算怎么做?

B:Relax, I've got it under control. We won't sink.

     放轻松,这在我的控制之下。船不会沉的。

 

make a difference 造成差别】

 

make a difference是指会对现有的情况造成差别,跟以往不同。

 

A: I know you need some financial help. If I give you a raise, will it help?

     我知道你需要一些经济支援。若我给你加薪会有帮助吗?

B: Well, it will certainly make a difference.

     呃,这将会大有帮助。

 

1) realize  (v.) 认识到,体会

2) humanly (adv.) 符合人性地

3) top-notch  (a.) 顶尖的,一流的


相关文章