Shirley:
what happened? Why didn't he win?
出什么事了吗?他怎么没赢?
Ben:
Didn't you hear? He was disqualified.
你没听见吗?他被取消比赛资格了!
Shirley:
How did that happen? He's so talented! I thought he had a great chance of winning a gold medal!
怎么可能?他是那么优秀!我本以为他有希望拿金牌的.
Ben:
If he didn't have any drug problems, he would have won.
如果他没有出现药物问题,应该已经赢了.
Shirley:
What? What kind of drugs was he using?
什么?他服用了哪种类型的药物?
Ben:
He was taking steroids to make him stronger and faster.
他服用了类固醇类的药物为了让自己跑得更快,更有力.
Shirley:
I thought that all athletes were supposed to be regularly tested for drugs.
我觉得所有运动员都应该定期接受药检.
Ben:
They are. The reason why they didn't disqualify him until after the race is because the results from the text only came back afterwards.
是的.这次之所以在比赛之后才取消他的资格就是因为药检的结果出来的晚了.
Shirley:
That's so disappointing. I don't know why top athletes would feel the need to take drugs.
真让人失望啊.我不明白为什么顶尖选手还觉得自己需要服用药物.
Ben:
I don't think it's right, but I can understand why they might. Imagine how much pressure there would be to win for your country!
我觉得这么做不对,但是我可以理解他们这么做的原因.想想为了自己代表的国家能够获胜他们需要承受多大的压力!
Shirley:
Regardless of how much pressure you're under, there's never a good reason to take drugs.
无论他们承受了多大压力,这都不是服用违禁药物的好理由.
Ben:
I agree. Hopefully with the new regulations, fewer athletes will try to cheat with drugs.
我同意.希望新规定开始执行之后,服药作弊的运动员能少一些.
Shirley:
Let's hope so.
咱们拭目以待吧.