classmate:
Why are there so many people in the hall today? I bet even the youngest of them gotta be over 60.
为什么今天大厅里会有这么多人?我打赌即便这里最年轻的人也有60岁了。
May:
They are schoolmates of our university. There is a reunion of our university.
他们是我们的校友。我们学校有个聚会。
classmate:
Look, May, the man in grey suit looks like the mayor of our city.
快看,阿美。那位穿黑色西服的人看起来好像我们的市长。
May:
That's him. He graduated from our university. And there are also other important people here: scientists, researchers, engineers, managers, etc.
就是他。他是从我们学校毕业的。这儿还有很多重要的人士:科学家、研究学者、工程师、经理等等。
classmate:
Really? I hear that the statue besides our school gate is donated by them.
真的吗?我听说我们学校校门旁边的雕像是他们捐赠的。
May:
Yes, I know that. They have given lots of money to our university.
是的,我知道。他们还给我们学校捐了不少钱。
classmate:
Why?
为什么?
May:
They graduated from this university and have become very successful people. And they feel very grateful to their university.
他们是从这个学校毕业,并且成了成功人士。他们对学校应该是心存感激吧。
classmate:
I feel more grateful to my teachers than to my school.
相对于学校,我更感谢我的老师。
May:
You are lucky to have good teachers in a good school.
在好的学校又有好的老师,真幸运。
classmate:
Year, maybe I would come back with my boyfriend to this school when we are old. After all, it's the place where we first met each other.
是啊,也许当我跟我男朋友老的时候可以回学校来看看。毕竟这是我们第一次见面的地方。
May:
Look at those three couples; they must have been classmates in our university.
看那三对夫妇,在上学的时候,他们肯定是同班同学。
classmate:
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的?
May:
Because they come back together and only the graduates of this university are invited.
因为他们是一起来的,只有我们学校的毕业生才会被邀请。
classmate:
You are right. But what are we here for?
那倒是。我们到这来干什么?
May:
We will serve them tea and snacks. Come on, we must work now.
我们帮他们倒茶,准备小吃啊。快点,我们得赶快。